How to Plan a Santa Barbara Courthouse Wedding
Santa Barbara Courthouse Wedding. Congratulations on your Engagement! Planning a wedding can be overwhelming and stressful. Choosing our party rental company will ease your stress and make planning you big day a breeze!
Not sure what party rentals you will need? Just call our office at 805-680-5484 and our expert will help you make the best rental choices based on your look and budget. Wedding packages start at just $499, click here to view chair options.
What Does Setup Look Like?
How to plan a Santa Barbara Courthouse Wedding?
To plan a traditional wedding ceremony with 15 or more guests at the Santa Barbara Courthouse follow the steps below.
- First obtain a valid marriage license from a County Clerk’s Office (application link & directions below).
- Reserve the Courthouse Gardens, Options are 11am-2pm or 3pm-6pm. You can learn more here. The fee is $1,100 to reserve the gardens. Wedding parties may choose from five beautiful areas. The maximum capacity is 250 guests.
- Allow 1 hour for setup before setting your ceremony time, then send out your invites.
- Select your chairs, arch and other decor from our wedding rentals. We will fully deliver and setup your ceremony. You can fill out a quick quote or call to book at 805-680-5484.
- You might consider guest parking, and decide if you want to hire a bus or trolley to take you guests to the reception area (many venues are within walking distance).
- Your wedding ceremony needs to be performed by an authorized officiant such as a priest, rabbi, minister, judge, or civil marriage commissioner (friends or family can get a one day permit).
- We can help if you want to play a song from your iphone or have a large guest count (for sound click here).
- The day before your wedding, we suggest you do a walk thru with your wedding party (rehearsal).
- Attend you wedding with less stress and enjoy your day! We will take care of your wedding rentals.
- After the ceremony, the license must be returned to Santa Barbara County Clerk Recorder to be recorded.
Do you need an appointment to get married?
Ceremonies performed by the Courthouse wedding staff are by appointment only during regular business hours, Monday-Friday. However, you can also hire an officiant if you would like to get married during non-business hours or on the weekends. Moreover you can also get a friend to officiate the wedding by becoming a deputy civil marriage commissioner for a day.
How do I get married in Santa Barbara?
Marriage licenses are issued by the County Clerk-Recorder’s Office and must be purchased before your wedding ceremony. If you don’t live in the area you can submit the application online or in person. After submitting the application, you must appear together at the County Clerk-Recorder’s Office to purchase the license. View the requirements by clicking here.
An appointment is not necessary to purchase the license, and processing time is typically 20-30 minutes. Be sure to arrive no later than 4:00pm. To clarify, do not wait until the Friday afternoon of your weekend ceremony to obtain the license. Consider obtaining your marriage license 30 days prior to your planned ceremony. As a result, planning ahead will make everything easier for you.
Do I need to live in California to get married in California?
U.S. citizenship or California residency is not necessary to apply for a marriage license in Santa Barbara, CA. Therefore, you do not need to live in California to get married at the Santa Barbara Courthouse.
How much does it cost to get married at Santa Barbara courthouse?
Reserve the Santa Barbara Courthouse Gardens, Options are 11am-2pm or 3pm-6pm. You can learn more here. The fee is $1,100 to reserve the gardens. Wedding parties may choose from five beautiful areas. The maximum capacity is 250 guests. As a result it is best to limit your guests for this location to 250.